We need to collect a small amount of data about you, such as your name, address, email address, contact telephone numbers, vehicle registration number and payment details. We promise to collect, process, and store your data safely and securely and will ensure that other businesses we work with are just as careful with your data.
We use your data to make your experience better and easier
As well as using your personal data to provide the service you have booked, we may use the contact details you share with us to let you know about any changes which may affect your booking, or other things that might have an impact on your travel plans, such as road closures.
We use your data to give you discounted rates on your travel extras
If you opt to receive email marketing from us, we will let you know about discounts and special offers and keep you up to date with what’s new.
You have control over your data and you can update your preferences at any time.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing from us, you can amend your preferences at any time in your MyAPH account or use the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails. You can also email us at email@example.com with the header “Unsubscribe”.
If the data we hold about you is wrong please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Customer Data” and we’ll put it right.
1. Who is responsible for your data?
2. Personal data we collect about you
When we refer to “personal data” we mean the information about you that allows us to identify you, this may be directly or in combination with other information we may have.
Your personal data includes for example your name, contact details, information relating to your vehicle (model and vehicle registration number), and information about how you use our website.
We collect personal data from you when you make a booking with us, use our website, use our services or contact us. We may also receive data from our suppliers who provide services to you on our behalf (when you provide feedback on our products, or use the parking services of another company booked through APH for example). We may also receive limited data from our partners when you purchase their travel related products from our website or through our call centre.
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information about you from a third party, where a person arranges travel and makes a booking on your behalf (e.g. a family or group booking or a booking made for you by an employee or your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of the person named on the booking.
Where you make a booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a booking made for an employee or employer), you agree that you have obtained the consent of the other person for APH to collect, use and process the other person’s personal information in accordance with this Policy.
You should let us know immediately if you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent or if you did not obtain consent before providing another person’s personal information to us.
Categories of data we collect
We may collect the following categories of information about you when you make an enquiry, make or manage a booking on our website or through our call centre, when contacting our customer services team, when you create an account on our website, when you provide feedback, when you take part in competitions or arrive at one of our car parks:
- Your name and contact details (email address, telephone number and postal address)
- Information about your vehicle and flights
- Information about your transaction, including your payment card details
- Communications you have with us in the form of emails, letters, calls (which may be recorded), and the submission of contact forms on our website
- Your posts and messages to APH on social media
- Your feedback (when you participate in our customer surveys)
- Information about how you use our website
- CCTV images when you visit an APH owned car park
Sensitive personal data
When we collect information from you in the course of providing services to you, we may also collect information that reveals something about your physical or mental health (or the physical or mental health of someone travelling with you). Such information is considered “sensitive personal data”. We only collect this information when you have provided it when making a specific request for access to particular facilities or services, in which case explicit consent for us to collect and use it is deemed to have been given. Such requests (preference for a blue badge parking space for example) will then be shared with the company providing the service.
3. How and why we use your data
We use your personal data in the following instances
To manage your booking and to provide our service to you
- When parking your car at an APH owned and operated site we use your information in the process of providing the service you have booked (for example to issue you a booking confirmation, check your car in to and out of our car park, and accept you on board our transfer bus). We will also use it to change your booking should you request it.
- If you have booked services through APH to be provided by one of our trusted partners, such as a non APH owned car park, hotel, lounge or a hotel and parking package, we will share some of your personal details with the service provider (such as your name, vehicle registration number and telephone number), which they will use in order to provide their services. We will also share any changes made to your booking with the service provider for the same reason.
To communicate with you
- We will use your data to contact you by email (or by post if requested) to send you confirmation of your booking and payment. Occasionally we may need to contact you by email, telephone and/or SMS for service-related reasons, for example to inform you of disruptions which may seriously affect your travel plans, or should there be an unforeseen issue with the provision of the service you have booked. These communications are not made for marketing purposes, and even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us, you may continue to receive them.
- We may also use your data to contact you after you have sent us a request, submitted a contact form on our website, or contacted us on social media.
- We may also use your data to send you an email requesting feedback on the service you have received, sent via an independent company offering review services. We may then also use your data to contact you in reference to the feedback you provide if you have indicated that you would like a response. Customer feedback is used to improve our services, monitor the services of our partners and provide a better experience for our customers.
To inform you about news and offers you may like
- We may send you marketing communications if you have given your consent to receive them. This may have been given when making a booking with us (either on our website or through our call centre), by managing your contact preferences online in your account, or when providing your email address when signing up to receive discounts, offers and news from APH.
- We may also send you marketing communications if, prior to 25th May 2018, you indicated that you were happy to receive discounts, offers and news from APH when making a booking with us (either on our website or through our call centre). This acceptance was deemed to have been given by leaving the ‘opt-in’ boxes ticked when making a booking online, and because you haven’t “unsubscribed” since or been in touch with us to change your preferences. In this instance we are contacting you based on ‘legitimate interests’; sending you news, discounts and offers for products you’ve previously purchased or those we offer closely related to the ones you’ve purchased before.
- If you have opted to receive marketing communications from us we may use your personal data to tailor your communications. For example, if you have used a car park serving a particular airport we may send you future tailored offers for products available at this location.
- We will not share your personal data with other companies for marketing purposes, unless we have your consent to do so.
- You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us from at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing emails. You can also change your contact preferences online at any time in your APH account. Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com with the header “Unsubscribe”, or call our Customer Services team on 01342 859442.
4. Your rights and access to your personal data
- You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “My data access request”.
- You also have a right to have the personal data we hold about you erased (the “right to be forgotten”). If you would like us to act on this for you, please email us at email@example.com with the header “My right to be forgotten”.
5. Security of your personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
All payments made on our website are encrypted using SSL technology. The locked padlock icon in your browser window indicates that our site is secure. Our site also uses credit card tokenization, which is an additional security measure designed to protect your card details. This means that we don’t actually store your credit card details on our system, and instead use a ‘token’ (a unique randomly-generated reference number) issued to us which allows us to process your payment without your card details being transferred or stored.
6. Where we store your personal data
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your web browser on your computer or device, they are an industry standard and most major websites use them. With cookies we are able to remember certain aspects of your searches such as your preferred airport and dates of travel. You can delete cookies if you’d like to by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser, but in doing so you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which sends website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use the reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and usage.
8. Sharing your personal data
- If you have booked services from APH to be provided by one of our trusted partners, such as a non APH owned car park, hotel or lounge, we will share some of your personal details with the service provider which they will use to provide the service you have booked.
- Where your booking has been made through a travel agent or other company, data with be shared in order to fulfil your booking.
- We may also share your information with a third party supplier who will send surveys to our customers on our behalf, in order to gain feedback.
- We may also use third party service providers to provide services such as data processing, and the sending of emails on our behalf.
- Search engine providers (including Google) provide website analytics to help us improve our website and provide a better experience for our customers.
All of our suppliers are also required to comply with the legislation concerning the security and protection of your data, and we ensure that they can provide the relevant assurances.
Please note that our site may contain links to and from the websites of selected partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these websites will have their own privacy policies which you should check before providing or submitting any personal data.
Whilst you browse our website, your personal data (including name, IP address, email address and phone number) is processed on our behalf by SaleCycle Limited for certain legitimate business purposes. Where during the browsing process you have provided your email address and/or mobile number and placed item/s in your online basket, your personal data will be processed in order to provide relevant and timely electronic (email and SMS) marketing communications. Your details will not be shared with any third parties for other marketing purposes. SaleCycle Limited uses various suppliers in order to provide its services including data centre services, cloud hosting, data processing, analysis and email service providers. Your personal data will be stored securely to allow for reporting/analysis and kept for a maximum period of six months, after which it will be returned to us or securely and permanently deleted. Web browser storage is used to allow SaleCycle to recognise you when you return to our website, you can clear any details held in web storage by clearing your browser's cache.
Whenever your data is processed for these purposes, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection laws. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish. If you wish to do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.